Coconut milk is also commonly used for cooking in many parts of the world. Even the hard shell and fibrous husk of the coconut can be used respectively to obtain charcoal and coir. Another popular product extracted from mature harvested coconuts is coconut oil. It is high in saturated fats and oxidizes slowly making it great for use in cooking as well as cosmetics.
5 Insane but True Facts about Coconut Oil
Here are 5 insane but true facts about coconut oil:
- - Prevents Heart Disease: Coconut is high in good saturated fatty acids that help in increasing the healthy cholesterol, known as HDL, and lower the presence of bad cholesterol, known as LDL, in the body. This lowers the chance of getting heart disease especially since the increased levels of LDL is directly linked to many heart-related disorders.
- - Reduces Inflammation: The antioxidants found in virgin coconut oil have been found to reduce inflammation far more effectively than medication. Also, coconut oil extracted at medium heat, known as virgin coconut oil, has been found to reduce the number of inflammation causing enzymes in the body. You can easily find it in the health supplements section in leading supermarkets.
- - Helps in Burning Fat: Obesity is growing at an alarming rate. It leads to other chronic diseases such as blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, etc. The medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) found in coconut oil help in burning fat. A regular intake of coconut oil can help a person reduce abdominal fat easily.
- - Increases Endurance: Coconut oil is easy to digest and provides energy over a sustained period of time. This leads to an increase in metabolism and reduces appetite. Today, a lot of athletes take coconut oil during training and for long distance races. You can use coconut oil in cooking or simply consume one teaspoon everyday to increase endurance. It is easy to find high-quality virgin coconut oil in Singapore.
- - Helps in Weight Loss: The essential fatty acids and ketones in coconut oil play an important part in improving digestion and increasing metabolism. It also helps to burn fat and reduces appetite making it an effective tool for weight loss.